Saturday, November 03, 2007

One Hand Clapping

Eric Hodel was giving his talk. He only had about half an hour speech, which is pretty good, especially when you know that there isn't 20 more minutes to talk. So he opened it up to questions, and because his topic was general enough, and because he seems like a prolific coder, people asked him questions that might pertain back to himself.

And so there were a series of questions. I asked one about how Eric learned to be a better coder (pair programming helped).

And then, there was a pause, and then someone clapped. And had that person not clapped, I'm sure Eric would have taken more questions, but it was a clever, though subtle way to end the conversation, and allow the next person to set up.

Clever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was well aware of the time, so I took the clapping as my queue to finish :)