Monday, April 16, 2007

Urban BBQ

I ate at Urban BBQ with Dave today. I decided to get a half-slab of ribs plus two sides and beer. This cost a lot, though pretty much anything at Urban BBQ costs a bit. By that, I mean it's pretty easy to spend ten dollars, and I spent nearly twice that.

First, the good stuff. The gravy on their mashed potatoes and gravy is fantastic. Best ever, I'd say. Their collard greens was fine, rather leafy. Yes, I like eating southern veggies and collard greens qualifies.

The ribs? I dunno, a bit messy to eat, and could have been better. I can't say I'm a true rib connoisseur, but I do like getting it when I can. It just helps to find the actual ribs.

I've decided I really can't stand Yeungling draft. It always tastes a bit skunky to me. I think it's bland American beer next time, either Miller or Bud.

Sometimes I think I should just do sides. They aren't too expensive, and they're pretty tasty. I feel bad not getting something bbq'ed though, so I may not be able to commit to that.

Even though Urban BBQ is a tighter fit than Urban Burger, I like the variety and ambience better, and I also like its location better too.

1 comment:

krakatoa said...

In my (limited) experience, the burgers are higher quality at UBQ than at Urban Burger, as well.