Friday, April 18, 2008

Topspin Sports

I was recently checking out this tennis website called Topspin Sports.

It seems rather gaudy to me. Filled with ads, the pieces of advice offered are mostly in text. With something as visual as tennis, having pictures to illustrate the concepts is important, and yet, time and again, tennis books often resort to words to explain.

Video is particularly useful. I've found another side called "Hi Tech Tennis", and they have one rather unusual feature. They allow you to pause a video, and single step forward or backward. That is actually quite useful when you want to see what is going on. I'm thinking of subscribing to that site.

But Topspin Sports? Ack, that site needs a lot of work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tea Leaves,

So sorry the site has dissapointed you. The good news is that the site is free and reflects the ideas of many pros (as opposed to one who may be the creater). I personally do not write the articles so I could not be offended by anything. I simply create the source for pros to post articles, tips, or videos.

But your feedback, although negetive is still extremely useful. Thank...really, will make some changes as your opinion may reflect the opinions of most.

Steve Viglione
Owner
TopspinSports.com