Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ikon Blend

A while back, I complained that pretty much every blender looked the same, and most were incapable of preventing an air pocket when enough ice was thrown in. I wanted to make a smoothie, and it should be done with the minimum amount of fuss. I shouldn't have to add a cube at a time or some mundane process like that. Smoothie King doesn't have to do that. Why should I?

I had noticed most blenders look the same, but there is an exception. Ikon Breville, a newcomer in the kitchen appliance space (one must use "space" to refer to the consumer electronics niche to be cool). And they have additional blades, including one that appears to sweep across the bottom.

The catch? The Ikon Breville blender is 200 to 300 dollars, or nearly triple of what my current (inadequate) blender costs. And I don't even know if that extra blade helps! But it appears like it would, and at least, they are coming up with some kind of novel design. I have to give them credit for that.

Blender companies have to realize people want to make smoothies, and their invention should make this as easy as possible, which means redesigning the blade mechanism to make it easy to make smoothies.

Way to go guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that the blender you sold me is awesome? I can't understand that you got something better than it, but you still aren't happy. Insane...