Thursday, June 09, 2005

More Tony

I'm listening to the Tony Kornheiser show this morning on my commute, and he starts right off with a rant. You see, Tony's at the Congressional, and it is blazing outside. I'm comfortable in my air-conditioned car, and he's apparently been seated outside, where he says he's "spritzing like an airdale" (I have no idea what that means--but it sounds vaguely Yiddish).

This rant goes on at least 20 minutes. He says that he has so much salt coming out of his body he hopes no deers appear. The funniest line of the day was another Andy Pollin moment (if you follow the show, he's called Andy "Poe-lee", presumably because some guest got his name wrong the entire time, and they've kept the recording ever since). Kornheiser says "I'm old. I'm going to need a defribrillator!" and Andy pipes up "Clear!".

Now that's funny.

No comments: