Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Clever Lines

With so many people on the Internets, people come up with so many good zingers that go by the wayside. Some are deemed too harsh, too offensive.

I was just listening to Barack Obama's speech. He criticizes McCain, especially McCain's use of lobbyists on his campaign staff. He says "If you think his staff is working day and night to put themselves out of a job, I've got a bridge to sell you in Alaska".

This drew cheers.

But. But.

Obama could have taken it further. He could have said something like "And his vision for the future of the US, is much like that bridge. It's a vision to nowhere. We've had eight years of that. We don't need four more. I'm sure you will join me in saying 'Thanks, but no thanks'".

I like the twist in using that phrase back on McCain.

No comments: