Monday, June 02, 2008

Fuzzy Duck

I've been using Luxilon strings for a while. Yesterday, on a whim, I decided to get my racquet restrung using a combination of Luxilon and Wilson Sensation using low tensions. Ack. It's awful.

Anyway, one thing I noticed about Luxilons. It never gets tennis ball fuzz in it. I was wondering whether this was because I was just not hitting with spin or what. Now that I have these combination strings, I realize that when you pound a ball, the fuzz gets embedded in the string.

That's right, embedded.

I think Luxilon must be made of stuff that prevents the fuzz from getting embedded in it. It's a weird observation, but somehow that must be what's happening.

I guess I'll give the string job another chance, but I don't like the way it feels on the serve.

Ack!

No comments: