Sunday, January 14, 2007

Receipts Be Gone

You know what I hate?

Receipts.

Online banking has, on the other hand, transformed my life. Not in any major way, but even so. I hate paper. I hate keeping track of paper. Online banking helped solve this problem with respect to banking.

But receipts. Oh my.

We still get them by the bucketful. Every purchase I make. It would be idea if I could have, say, some card or perhaps even a cell phone, where the contents of the receipt, perhaps as a PDF, could be placed on there, and I could go receiptless. Then, I could store this away somewhere electronic.

This receipt could also be kept electronically by the store, and we'd both have copies. Simple metadata could be extracted from this, and we'd be mucho happy.

Think about it.

1 comment:

Rayhan said...

Apple Store will let you e-mail your reciepts rather than print them.