Saturday, March 07, 2009

Cosmos

Cosmos was a series that showed up on PBS in, hmm, 1980, I think. It was a 12 part series hosted by astronomer, Carl Sagan. At the time, science shows like this seemed cool. I caught an episode again in college a few years later, and it seemed laughably optimistic.

In the series, Sagan would travel around in an imaginary spaceship that resembled a dandelion.

What was rather notable about the show was the music. Vangelis composed many of the memorable music. This is something that is unusual. Rarely is a science program noted for its music.

Here's a sample:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a huge Vangelis and Jean Michel Jarre fan back in high school and any time I listen to any of their albums there's an irresistable nostalgic pull to it. I never saw Cosmos, though.