Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eight is Enough

I had been planning to watch Phelps win his eighth medal, presumably gold, in the 4 by 100 team medley. But the problem was that I didn't know exactly when he'd be swimming. I thought it was close to midnight. Had I remembered accurately, I would have known it was close to 11 PM. I arrived at my place around 11:20 PM some 10 minutes after the event had concluded. I should have simply left what I was doing before 11 and watched it.

Silly me.

So I watched, I think, 6 of the 8 medal swims live or nearly so.

But here's the painful part. NBC could have it at the video site the minute it was over. Instead, I'll have to wait several hours, most likely into tomorrow morning, before I can view it in full. Sad that events like this which can be easily missed aren't ready the instant it is concluded. People who barely miss it like me could watch it.

I'm disappointed I didn't know when it was and couldn't watch it live.

No comments: