Monday, January 02, 2006

More Punkin'

I tried making pumpkin pie a second time, but this time I did a few things differently. First, I cut back on the sugar and spices. Second, I cut back on the evaporated milk, because the last time I made it with milk, it overfilled the pie shell.

The recipe also says to heat the oven to 425 for fifteen minutes, then lower it to 350. However, we had a pizza stone in the oven, and it's difficult to lower the temperature quickly because the stone radiates heat, so I never set it up to 425.

However, the result of the pumpkin pie was something rather mushy. I'm not sure whether that's due to not heating it up til 425, or whether I needed more eggs. I used the two as requested, but next time I'll try 3, and see how that works.

In the meanwhile, since the rest of the housemates aren't into pumpkin pie, I'll slowly have to eat it all.

No comments: